New desktop running Ubuntu 5.10. After a long time without Linux, I’m back to dual booting. Let’s hope it holds and I can restrain myself from staying in Windows after playing Battlefield 2.
I’m a little ashamed that for the past month, I’ve had no trace of Linux on my system. The reason: My addiction to Battlefield 2 which forced me to stay in Windows for most of my time and thus use Windows apps. I’m even extremely ashamed that I had to replace my linux based firewall/router with a Windows version so that I could get my wireless network working. Ah yes, it’s been a sad state of afairs in my apartment lately…
Mmm, plenty more badges and ribbons to chase now that we’re playing Special Forces.Battlefield 2
Hmmm… Battlefield 2 goodies… Come on shaw, get my buddy’s connection hooked up again.
Supposedly EA is working on a 1.2 patch for Battlefield 2. Here’s the highlights as stated by EA:
– Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
– TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
– Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
– AA missile lock has been improved
– Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
– Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
– Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
– “Dolphin Diving” is no longer possible
– Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
– “Prone Spamming” is now fixed
– “Sprint exploit” is now fixed
– The Sa80 weapon has been improved
– The G3A3 weapon has been improved
– Reload while sprinting has been enabled
– Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
– Damage decreased for the M134
– Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
Received today: Good Conduct Ribbon
Awarded to recognize exemplary behavior, efficiency, and fidelity in active service.
* IAR: 14 kills
* IAR: No Team kills/damage/vehicle damage
* 50 Total time played
Even though this one was on my todo list, it surprised me. I was gunning in an MEC attack chopper with a good pilot and racked up 12 kills in a row. Then I shot down a helicopter for 2 more kills and that’s what did it.Battlefield 2
Got three more ribbons tonight, the Air Defense Ribbon, the Ground Defense Ribbon, and the Far East Service Ribbon.Battlefield 2
After several hours of trying I finally received this badge last night. Good thing, too, as it was getting close to 1am. This turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. First I thought the best way to go about it was to repair my commander’s equipment but then nobody ever destroyed it, or if they did, I got killed trying to repair it. I finally tried to get this badge while repairing a helicopter in flight on Mashtuur City and thanks to SPEVEL69, it worked. Took a long time and if he wasn’t so helpful, I doubt I would have gotten it done.Battlefield 2
I managed to get my final basic badge tonight, the Basic Command Badge. Also got this nice Armored Service Ribbon. There’s still quite a few ribbons out there for me to get but most require a certain amount of time. My next goal is to get the Veteran Engineer Badge. If I understand correctly, all I need is to get 10 repair points in a round. Shouldn’t be too hard.Battlefield 2
My goal in Battlefield 2 latetly is to get all the basic badges and all the ribbons. Last night I got two more badges and am now missing only the Basic Command badge. That one seemed so easy to get my first time around and now it’s just not happening. Getting 40 command points prior to the round ending is quite difficult and a lot of it is out of my control. While trying for this badge, I was an engineer, just sitting at the edge of the map doing my commanding bit when all of a sudden I received my Veteran Engineer Combat badge. That was a nice surprise.