Our fourth installment is now available for download. Topics covered in this week’s episode are more confirmed news about Patch 1.3 for Battlefield 2, new screenshots and renders for Battlefield 2142, a petition to save BF2, our first mod overview and Q&A – with the Tactical Mod – and our weekly Tweak, Tip, and Spotlight.read more | digg story
My buddy Hee will remember us discussing this. I’ve opened the doors to my new Battlefield 2142 website. All the good short names were taken so I ended up with bf2142central.com. I have a feeling that there’s going to be a lot of competition from existing Battlefield 2 websites and a lot of BF2 players seem to have a huge hate-on for BF2142. But whatever, take a look, check it out, you might like it. At least take a look, damnit!
For this site I’ve decided to try my fourth different CMS script, Joomla.
Even if you don’t play Battlefield 2 you’ll still enjoy these movies. Created entirely in the game and using some hilarious sound tracks and voice overs from such comedies as Monty Python, these are truly entertaining. The first one is quite a bit funnier than the second one, so I actually suggest you watch Mine 2 first and leave the best for last.
Will the Battlefield 2 booster pack, Euro Force, ever be released? It was supposed to come out tomorrow, but due to problems introduced in the recent 1.2 patch, EA and Dice are now at work on patch 1.21. So Euro Force has been pushed back again 🙁
Listen up Troops,
Although patch 1.2 included several fixes that we know were eagerly awaited, it unfortunately introduced some new issues. These are being addressed immediately and we are working around the clock to resolve those. Patch 1.21 (coming soon) will be tested in a limited beta with select Battlefield community members starting as early as this week. Weâ€™re doing this to ensure a clean release of 1.21. In addition, we have decided to postpone the Euro Force Booster Pack until sometime after the release of the updated 1.21 patch.
Stick to this web space for additional information soon.
On a more pleasant note, Battlefield 2 hit somewhat of a milestone last night with over 52,000 simultaneous players. This is the highest number of players weâ€™ve seen at one time for Battlefield 2 and almost 4 times more than the peak number of Battlefield 1942.
Thanks in advance for your patience.
The team at DICE and EA
There has been a new community update posted today over at the Battlefield 2 website. It addresses the recent patch release as well as the Euro Force booster pack. Here’s what they had to say:
Patch 1.2 is out and we hope you are all enjoying the changes. For the most part, the initial response from the community has been very positive. Weâ€™re pleased to be able to make your gameplay experience more pleasant.
The next big addition to Battlefield will be the Battlefield: Euro Force booster pack, which will be released on February 21st. In addition to the release of Euro Force, we are preparing an updated version of the editor for release at roughly the same time.
On a less pleasant note, there is an issue with 1.2 and some Special Forces maps. All variants of Leviathan and the 32 and 64 player variants of Night Flight have a crash bug. We have advised our ranked server providers to remove these maps from their map rotation until a resolution has been set in place. We will be able to provide more news in future updates. I stress, this is only an issue with the Special Forces expansion pack and nothing more.
There have been a few comments regarding AT rockets passing through targets. We have noted the issue and are working towards a solution.
The Battlefield 2 fan site has an interview with DICE, the developer, discussing the upcoming changes in Patch 1.2. Most notably to me and probably Chalk.Two is the fact that rank requirements have been lowered again. Sweet! We should be able to get higher ranks more easily now.
Official Change Log for Patch 1.2:
- Dolphin Diving is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- Prone Spamming is now fixed
- Sprint exploit is now fixed
- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Damage decreased from M134
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- All support kit weapons have been adjusted
- All Sniper rifles have been adjusted
- Sa80 has been adjusted
- G3A3 has been adjusted
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
- SCAR-L reload sound has been fixed
- Server setting to allow friendly fire to be off on mines without affecting other weapons.
- Server search filters now work properly
- Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
- Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
- Flash bang effect radius decreased
- Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
- Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
- Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
- Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
- Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
- The LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
- Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
- Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
- Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
- Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum distance.
- Fixed bug with capturing a flag from outside of the flag radius.
- Fixed map selection screen issue on Wetlands
- Being able to pass through walls using a spinning tank turret has been fixed. It has also been address on all rotating vehicle positions just to be safe.
- Tanks taking damage from the terrain has been reduced
- The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed
- The disappearance of tank projectiles and grenade launcher projectiles during online play has been improved and should occur less frequently
- The distance for throwing hand grenade, ammo packs, and health packs has been increased
How much RAM should a contemporary computer system have? This is a very important question for many users out there. In our new test session we compared the performance of systems equipped with 1GB and 2GB of RAM.
Personally I have to say, absolutely yes, if you are playing Battlefield 2. I’m running on 1.5GB right now and had I not ordered the wrong RAM earlier this week, it’d be at 2GB right now.read more | digg story
…has been an interesting one. Saturday was my brother’s birthday. He’s now 23 years old and showed up for dinner at my parents totally hung over. Poor guy didn’t look so good, even after he threw up in my parents’ toilet, but hey, that’s what you get for partying all night before 😉
Otherwise it’s been a pretty relaxing weekend. Finally got my car’s oil changed on Friday, watched The Cave and The Transporter 2, got my Legion of Merit ribbon in Battlefield 2, my buddy Tibby keeps creeping up on my global score as well as awards in BF2, and I tried out a bit of a free trial for Guildwars. Now it’s a little bit of Erin Brockovich and then some more BF2 before getting a good night’s sleep.
The first of at least two and hopefully many booster packs for Battlefield 2 is titled Euro Force and will be available for download on February 8th. I can’t wait. Here’s what’s new:
Three New Maps
“Operation Smoke Screen”, “The Great Wall of China and “Taraba Quarry”.
Each Euro soldier comes equipped with a new primary weapon, from the FNP90 to the Benelli Tactical Shotgun.
Four new vehicles
Including the (in) famous Eurofighter.
Tonight (Chalk.One) me and Tibby (Chalk.Two) had a ton of fun on the Iron Gator map in Battlefield 2 and I managed to fly the Apache chopper inside the Iron Gator aircraft carrier. Cool screenshot below.